If you’re ready to hit the slopes but haven’t touched a pair of skis in years, don’t get caught making rookie mistakes in front of your friends. Head to the mountains early and follow these helpful tips on how to improve your skiing ability:
Ski Lift Preparation
There’s nothing more embarrassing than falling backwards after getting off a ski lift.
Before your chair reaches the top of the slope, anticipate the angle of the exit with your skis. Once your skis touch the snow, roll down until you touch the ground starting with your Continue reading »Uncategorized | Comments Off
In addition to plenty of snow, skiing requires special equipment and clothing. Before you hit the slopes, make sure you have these items to stay safe and enjoy your skiing experience.
1. Ski Socks
Keep your feet padded, dry and warm with thick ski socks.
2. Ski Boots
These special boots connect your body to your ski bindings.
3. Beanie, Ski Helmet or Ski Hat
Protect your ears and head with a comfortable covering, and add a ski helmet for extra protection.
4. Ski Goggles
Don’t forget snow goggles to protect your eyes from ice, snow Continue reading »Uncategorized | Comments Off
I was on the internet last night doing my usual thing – paying bills, checking email, looking at DIRECTV Deals, etc. – and planning a skiing trip. I was trying to find the ideal skiing getaway but sometimes it can be hard with so many in the country. Eventually I found the one that was right for me, but if you have ever found yourself in this same situation I have a short list of destinations you might want to consider.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Park City, Utah – With over 500 inches of snow per season, these world renowned slopes will prove an attractive challenge. There are even plenty of paths for cross country skiing excursions as well.
2. Gatlinburg, Tennessee – You can enjoy any of the snowy trails in this winter wonderland and, because you’re in Gatlinburg, you can even get an extraordinary view of the Smoky Mountains.
3. Mount Hood, Oregon – Home of the internationally famous Timberline Lodge, people flock from all over the world to see this iconic landmark and hit the snow.
4. Aspen, Colorado – Ever see the movie Dumb and Dumber? This classic comedy is what helped make the already famous Aspen ski town even more known to the world.
5. Stowe, Vermont – They don’t call it the ski capital of the East for nothing with its picturesque slopes and intense snowfall.Uncategorized | Comments Off
Preparing for a ski trip can be a big task. There is so much that you have to bring. It is best to stay as organized as possible when preparing for a ski trip. It would totally suck if you are at the ski resort and realize that you forgot something really important. Everyone should write out a list so you won-t forget anything. Here is a list of the top ten most forgotten items on a ski trip.
2. Camera Continue reading »
We all know how thrilling it is to feel the crisp winter air on our breath while on a set of ski’s at the top of a hill. Yet, one of the last things we want to happen is to be out on the top of the hill and remember we forgot to pack something that will make the trip unbearable. Not only that, but depending on what you forget the trip could become hazardous to your Continue reading »Uncategorized | Comments Off
People really enjoy skiing. Whether they are a professional or want to try skiing it is a very appealing sport. Those who are unfamiliar with skiing do not know where to start when it comes to getting their ski equipment. When you think about it there is so much equipment for skiing. You need to get your skis, of course, safety gear, gloves, and goggles etc in order to go skiing. Below is a list of some of the best places to buy skis Continue reading »Uncategorized | Comments Off
Some of our best skiing resorts in the United States are located in the northeast. With their beautiful terrain and the amount of snow they receive every year, these resorts listed below are places that will make anyone-s vacation memorable.
Bretton Woods Resort
Located in New Hampshire, this resort is truly a place where family and friends will never tire of the white stuff. This resort has almost 500 acres, 102 trails including 30 new acres on Mt. Stickney. It has four terrain parks and nine lifts. Continue reading »Uncategorized | Comments Off