I was on the internet last night doing my usual thing – paying bills, checking email, looking at DIRECTV Deals, etc. – and planning a skiing trip. I was trying to find the ideal skiing getaway but sometimes it can be hard with so many in the country. Eventually I found the one that was right for me, but if you have ever found yourself in this same situation I have a short list of destinations you might want to consider.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Park City, Utah – With over 500 inches of snow per season, these world renowned slopes will prove an attractive challenge. There are even plenty of paths for cross country skiing excursions as well.
2. Gatlinburg, Tennessee – You can enjoy any of the snowy trails in this winter wonderland and, because you’re in Gatlinburg, you can even get an extraordinary view of the Smoky Mountains.
3. Mount Hood, Oregon – Home of the internationally famous Timberline Lodge, people flock from all over the world to see this iconic landmark and hit the snow.
4. Aspen, Colorado – Ever see the movie Dumb and Dumber? This classic comedy is what helped make the already famous Aspen ski town even more known to the world.
5. Stowe, Vermont – They don’t call it the ski capital of the East for nothing with its picturesque slopes and intense snowfall.Uncategorized | Comments Off